Give artists, designers, and crafters space for a reasonable monthly price, and let them keep 90% of the retail sale.
Everyone in the collective takes an active role in promoting the gallery and its events through their existing Email lists, Facebook friends, Twitter followers, Etsy fans, etc.
The efforts of a large group of artists spending just a few minutes per month reaching their personal networks can equal thousands of potential customers for everyone to share.
We all have fun playing a role in the growing art scene in downtown Durham.
Artists keep 90% of the retail sale from all items. LabourLove will use the other 10% to cover credit card processing and basic business expenses related to gallery operations including accounting and marketing costs.
LabourLove supplies clothing racks, shelving units, and wall space for the display of the artwork and goods. The artists supply the inventory and rent the space required to display their works. This is YOUR space to display your work as you wish. After functioning as a collective for the past we know that the most active participants in the collective tend to sell the most product. Art is just like any other business, if you come to the events and promote the gallery to your network, you are more likely to sell your work.
Third Friday August 16th: Come out to LabourLove this coming third Friday and enjoy a glass of wine, light snacks and meet the artists! All events during third Friday are Free and Open to the Public from 6pm-9pm.
Events at Golden Belt
This Friday! August 16th, 6pm-9pm
Room 100: Thread Dimensions
The Durham Art Guild presents explorations in fiber by member artist Nora Phillips.
On view in Room 100 Gallery at Goldenbelt July 31- August 28, 2013
Spectre Arts: Where the Divine Happens byCharles Chace
Third Friday Durham · August 16, 2013 · 6-9pm
1004 Morning Glory · Durham, NC 27701
Chace’s exhibition consists of mixed media works coupled with a sound installation that enhances the dialogue between works on the wall and the nature of the space they inhabit.
Food provided by Pie Pushers Food Truck
Ride the Bridge Bus for free to all 3rd Friday events.
Scrap Exchange:Signed, Sealed, Delivered
8/16 Green Gallery Reception: 6-9pm
Opening reception for our August exhibit in the Green Gallery, which will feature mail art sent to The Scrap Exchange from around the world.