We cordially invite you to attend our 1 year anniversary celebration on August 16th 7:30pm at The Cotton Room, 807 East Main Street Room 350, Durham. Opening festivities will be held at LabourLove Gallery starting at 6:30pm.
We will be presenting Soul Understated from Brooklyn, New York featuring NCCU jazz studies program alumni, Mavis ‘Swan’ Poole and Jeremy ‘Bean’ Clemons. To add in some dancing options, we will also present the coolest modern salsa band in the Triangle, Orquesta GarDel.
This event is not only a chance to celebrate 1 year of existence but it is also a BIG fundraiser for us to continue another year of live music programming.
How Can you Help?
1. Purchase a celebration concert ticket. Here are the ticket options available:
* General Admission is $25. This is the standing room option for admittance of 1 person.
* Premium seating is $40. This gets you a chiavari chair and includes admittance of 1 person. (These are limited)
* A two-person couch is $150, is front row near the stage and includes entry for 2 people and a bottle of wine. (VERY LIMITED)
* A four-person couch is $250, is front row near the stage and includes entry for 4 and a bottle of wine. (VERY LIMITED)
2. Become a member.
Together in Total Jazz Domination,
The Cool Peeps @TheAOCProject
More about Us
The Art of Cool Project is a jazz presenting nonprofit in Durham. We have a long term goal of hosting a jazz festival in downtown Durham. We are dedicated to presenting and promoting live jazz (and related music) in non-traditional music venues throughout the Triangle. We are totally run by volunteers and funded currently through donations and by hosting small concerts on first Fridays (@Flanders Gallery, 302 South West Street, Raleigh) and third Fridays (@LabourLove Gallery, 807 East Main Street Suite 2-130, Durham).