Friday, May 14th @ 6:00 pm – 9 pm and all day on the 15th
TightRope Walker – work inspired by sex, drugs, and genderbending
The underbelly of our community is sometimes difficult to look at. We know people struggle with addiction. They’re on the street, in our neighborhoods (yes, even in the nice suburban ones,) and sometimes living under our own roofs. This group exhibition curated by the North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition includes pieces by the people who have been helped by this incredible organization.
The NCHRC deals directly with clients who want make a better life for themselves, but struggle to make the transition. They need help to fund and build a movement that will make clean needle exchanges which slow the spread of viral infections and diseases in NC a reality. The NCHRC is labourlove in action. Please come out and support them with your donations.
Friday, May 21st @ 6:00 pm – 9 pm
LabourLove Continues to Grow as it Celebrates One Year at Golden Belt in Downtown Durham
- Timothy Geithner, US Secretary of the Treasury, visited LabourLove as part of a small business tour of the Triangle.
- Featured on “The State of Things with Frank Stasio” on WUNC as part of the series Money Matters.
- US Senate candidate Ken Lewis made his formal announcement to Durham for his plans to capture the democratic nomination for the 2010 election. Unfortunately, big money won out over big ideas in the election, but LabourLove was honored to be part of the campaign.
- Had our first profitable month in business in March 2010!
- Met a ton of amazing people. So, many new friends we can’t begin to count.
Painting by Kelly Dew
“Wild Horses” by Kelly Dew
Clayton Oxford Furniture
Durham’s own sustainable furniture manufacturer Clayton Oxford is coming to LabourLove! Clayton Oxford designs and builds sculptural wooden pieces mixing handcrafted quality with an earth friendly conscience as a member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council. Come see some his newest creatations. Visit www.Clayton Oxford.com for a preview.